Nigerians React On Twitter To Death Of Two Friends Killed By Drunk Driver

#JusticeForJemima: Man Seeks Justice Over Death Of Sister And Her Friend Who Were Rejected By An Hospital Demanding ‘Police Report’ After An Accident

A hashtag #justiceforjemima is currently trending on Twitter as Nigerians are calling for justice over the avoidable death of two University of Jos students.

It all started when a Twitter user @OthnielAnselm revealed that his sister and her friend died after they were hit by a drunk driver in Jos. They were taken to a hospital but were denied medical attention.

Read his tweets.

Othniel Anselm@OthnielAnselm

Update on #JusticeForJemima's case: My father and I just got to Jos to find out that this murderer who killed my sister and two people: Daimler Augustine Daniel, was granted bail two days ago. Two freaking days ago! That's a day before I even put up that post!

537
2:51 PM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
807 people are talking about this

Wale Adetona ✔@iSlimfit

I don't understand this whole medical law thing. Innocent people keep dying as a result of this same law. Even if the people were criminals, why not just enforce treatment first then hand them over to the police afterwards. Afterall, all lives matter.

#JusticeForJemima
149
1:02 PM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
61 people are talking about this

Emperor of Lagos @Emperordotman

The ministry of health need to sanction this hospital!
May the lost souls rest on
#justiceforjemima

545
8:32 AM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
447 people are talking about this

UG@UgwunnaEjikem

This Jemima's matter shouldn't just end in #justiceforjemima online...

NO LAW in Nigeria says you should get a police report before being attended to, absolutely none...not even in a gunshot injury.

If this happens, the hospital should be taken to court and made to pay!!!
252
3:22 PM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
167 people are talking about this

Aproko Doctor™@aproko_doctor

This thread is painful

Jemima, her friend and the Keke rider deserved better.

Everyone has the right to life! You don't turn away accident victims because of a police report, it doesn't make sense.

An accident? Head to the hospital not the police station#justiceforjemima https://twitter.com/OthnielAnselm/status/1187052759796858880 …
Othniel Anselm@OthnielAnselm

My younger sister: Jemima, was involved in a road accident on her way to church, on Sunday morning.

She was in her sophomore year at the University of Jos, Nigeria: studying Statistics.

Her friend: Jennifer, who she commuted with, was in her final year.

960
10:35 AM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
698 people are talking about this

AFOLARIN@Omobascofield

Nigeria has failed us
Police has failed us
Custom has failed us
Immigration has failed us
Hospitals has failed us

We are on our own in this shithole #justiceforjemima #StopRobbingUs #JusticeForJennifer #EndSARS
2:20 PM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See AFOLARIN's other Tweets

Sansa Stark@_Oroboghene

Drinking and driving. Man slaughter on three counts, and you want to set him free on bail??? But you are always trigger happy around peaceful citizens going about their business, because they look good. It’s really about the money for you guys. Ffs! We want #justiceforjemima
700
10:07 AM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
414 people are talking about this

The Kingmaker@SmithVinci

If I rush someone into an hospital, and the Doctors there ask for police report before treatment...

If that person dies in the process, if we no burn that Hospital down no be my mama born me..

As though there's backup life.#justiceforjemima
577
9:58 AM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
209 people are talking about this

Kuyet kaboshio @Yar__mama

Oct 20th is the day I cannot forget because death took my friend Jenny and Jemimah. I cannot stop thinking abt the pain they both passed through before dying. My chest has been hurting me so bad since Sunday. I pray you find eternal rest. #JusticeForJennifer #justiceforjemima

351
11:14 AM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
187 people are talking about this

Four-eyed edo boy's assistant@colomental_

Someone is dying and a whole hospital meant to be saving lives is asking for police report.

Some murdered 3 people while driving drunk and the police wants to bail him without justice.

This country can kill you anytime, both the rich and poor. Tueh#justiceforjemima
520
8:54 AM - Oct 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
273 people are talking about this

Nigerians React On Twitter To Death Of Two Friends Killed By Drunk Driver Nigerians React On Twitter To Death Of Two Friends Killed By Drunk Driver Reviewed by JNJ GLOBAL GIST on October 24, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

ismaeeelkwr. Theme images by Sookhee Lee. Powered by Blogger.